jueves, 18 de noviembre de 2010

Movie review : Razor’s Edge

I have been thinking about the best movie that I have had the opportunity to watch and I remembered Razor’s  Edge. This movie  made me cry, laugh, feel good. I see that movie in 1987 in VHS, when the DVD didn’t exist. I don’t konw if this movie is in DVD.
The Genre of this movie is Drama and it is based on W. Somerset Maugham's classic novel, it was directed by John Byrum and was reedited in 1984 because it had a first edition in 1946. The actor Bill Murray (Larry Darrel in the movie), a great actor, was the protagonist. 
This film is set in the battlefield of  the war world I, in Europe. In that moment Larry Darrel changed his life. He had a good life before the war, but when he came back to his house after the war, he left everything and started to work in different jobs. When he was working into a mine he read different kind of books, but when he was reading an Indian book about the human spirit, the love and other stuff suddenly he left the work and he went to live to the Tibet, there he read all the books that he could. After that experience his life was wonderful, but the people whose know him, were different too. He wanted asked for to old girlfriend If she would like married him, but she was married with his better friend. At the end of the movie he married with Sophie, but she was murdered,  however he kept his spirit´s power.
I recommend Razor’s Edge because is a beautiful movie that allows us think about our life and maybe the most important, to find some meaning in our life.

Enjoy it
Regards 
Gonzalo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario